DIY BEAUTY: HOW TO SOFTEN FEET NATURALLY
Posted on July 08 2015
Feet are naturally dry, unlike the skin on the rest of our body. Feet do not have oil glands and use sweat glands to help keep them moisturized. If they aren't moisturized properly and regularly they become dry. Over time if not removed dry and dead skin thicken and build up causing dull cracked skin. By softening, exfoliating and hydrating you buff away dead skin revealing soft smooth sandal ready feet!
What you will need:
- Your favorite body scrub (We recommend Tata Harper 100% natural smoothing spa strength body scrub)
- ½ cup of Epsom salt
- Your favorite body oil/ lotion/ butter ( Ex. jojoba oil, coconut oil or Shea butter)
- 2 Hot/warm towels 1 dry towel
- Two plastic bags (make sure they’re clean!)
- Soak feet in epsom salt and warm water for at least 10 minutes.
- Pat feet semi-dry
- Apply favorite body scrub massage in a circular motion to smooth and remove dead skin. Let scrub sit for 1 minute then rinse with warm water.
- Take a quarter size of your favorite body oil, lotion or body butter for each feet. Massage into feet. (Should not be completely absorbed)
- Place plastic bag over feet and wrap feet with warm towel
- Leave plastic bag on for at least 30 minutes (the longer the softer your feet will be)
- Remove plastic bag, wipe off excess oil.
Follow these steps for softer hydrated hands!