Self Care Sunday - Green Tea Facial
Posted: Jun 12 2016
Green tea is loaded with antioxidants, enzymes, and amino acids which rewards the body in many ways. A clinical trial done by the American Society for Nutritional Sciences suggests green tea is beneficial in helping the body fight off viruses, manage allergies, and even improve mental alertness. We’ve all heard about the extraordinary health benefits green tea provides when consumed. Are you aware of the extraordinary benefits green tea has on your skin when applied topically? (Try Odcaité's Green Tea Toner In their 10 Day Discovery Kit)
Outside of general consumption; did you know green tea hides an all-powerful secret of being a natural skin booster when applied topically? Due to its proven abilities to eliminate inflammation, reduce swelling, moisturize, heal and tone; green tea’s natural antibacterial and anti–aging properties are widely used in various skin products.
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps slow down processes that damage cells by protecting and repairing skin. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps reduce the appearance of brown spots, and boosts healthy collagen production; which equals firmer skin. Combining and freezing these ingredients provide a cooling effect that helps reduce enlarged pores, constrict blood vessels to eliminate puffy eyes and dark circles, while ultimately hydrating the skin for amazingly noticeable results.
What to Expect:
- Radiant and firm skin
- Reduction in pimples, puffy eyes, and dark circles
- Smaller pores
- Even skin tone
- Improved circulation
- Sunburn soother
- Skin hydrator
What you Will Need:
- 2-3 Green tea bags
- Vitamin E soft gel
- ½ Lemon (Vitamin C – optional)
- Ice cube tray
- Face towel
How to Do It:
- Bring water to a boil
- Pour hot water into teapot or bowl
- Add tea bags
- Steep according to preferred tea brewing instructions
- Once tea is ready add vitamin E soft gel by gently breaking the soft gel and pouring into the tea
- Add lemon juice by squeezing ½ a lemon into mixture (skip if you have sensitive skin.)
- Stir mixture thoroughly then pour into ice cube tray and place in the freezer.
- Once frozen remove one cube, wrap in a towel and rub in a circular motion spending extra time on problem areas.